JRPassOrder Your JR Pass
kwkwankw
kwkwankw
about 9 years ago
1 answer

It is not very clear about the coverage of the JR East Pass on the website. Would like to check:
1. Is the East Pass valid for NEX?
2. I want to go to Matsumoto. The Hokuriku Shinkansen is covered by the pass to Nagano. What about from Nagano to Matsumoto? Is the train ride also covered?
3. As an option, is the Chuo line Azusa trains also covered by the pass? Is it better to take the Azusa to Matsumoto directly?
4. I will be traveling on Oct 9 which is a holiday in Japan. Will the train be less frequent? Do I need to book in advance?
Can I book with a JR East pass?
5. Does the HyperDia site provide timetables for the above?

Advice much appreciated!

avatar
Daniel-san
19375 posts
about 9 years ago

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $353.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 19183 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.


Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes