JR PassEncomendar JR Pass
Regressar a Using the Japan Rail Pass

Need Help: Travel during golden week 2024

sachinwar
sachinwar
há mais de 2 anos
1 resposta

I am travelling to Japan with my partner during golden week arriving on 27th Apr. I plan on buying the 7 day JR green pass and activate it on 30th Apr.
The idea is to visit these cities via JR - Hakone, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Osaka and Kinosakionsen
I am worried about securing a seat in Shinkansen. Below is my question -
1. When can I buy the pass online from website? Only 30days before my travel date I.e. 30 March or sooner
2. I have dates and times mapped.out for my travel for all 7 days. Can I reserve the seats starting 30 March for all those days?
3. If something changes and I need to give up a reserved seat, can I do that when i am there??

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Alexis
Alexis
1261 publicar
há mais de 2 anos
Expert

Hi there,

You'll be able to activate the exchange order for the JR Pass up to 3 months after purchase, so in your case you can purchase it at any time provided you leave enough time for the exchange order to be shipped to you.

You'll only be able to make seat reservations after you've exchanged your order and set an activation date. When you arrive in Japan you can exchange the order straight away at a ticket office and set the activation date from the 30th, but be able to reserve your seats 3 days prior to this to ensure you are able to reserve a seat.

If you need to give up a reserved seat it isn't a big problem, as you don't pay any additional cost for seat reservations - as long as you reserve another seat you'll be fine.

Hope this helps!

Alexis


Procura mais informações? Faça uma pesquisa no fórum

Selecionar categoria

Orçamento instantâneo

Desde $353,00 para 7 dias de viagem ilimitada na Japan Rail

Não consegue encontrar a resposta?

Obtenha informações através de mais de 19181 perguntas sobre o Japan Rail Pass ou faça perguntas aos nossos especialistas em viagens na Japan Rail

Fazer uma pergunta

Obter Wi-Fi móvel no Japão

Obter Wi-Fi móvel no Japão

Visite-nos no Facebook

Inspire-se para a sua visita ao Japão seguindo-nos no Instagram e não se esqueça das suas fotografias quando lá estiver.


Descubra onde comprar o Japan rail pass online.

Encomende agora o seu JR Pass!

Temos preços especiais para crianças e excelentes opções em primeira classe. Veja todos os bilhetes. Ou veja as nossas opções de Passes regionais